Queensland does not have a certificate-based energy savings scheme.
A scheme was promised by a former Labor government to be delivered during 2019, however the COVID-19 pandemic stymied the process. A Labor government was returned in October 2020 but without a renewed commitment to such a scheme. Department changes are under way including a new Department of Energy and Public Works hosting information regarding current energy efficiency types of programs.
- Powering Queensland Plan, Dept of Energy and Water Supply, Qld Govt.
- Delivering effective energy policy outcomes, Dept of Energy and Water Supply, Qld Govt.
- Pathways to a clean growth economy – Queensland’s Climate Transition Strategy, Dept of Environment and Heritage Protection, Qld Govt, 11 July 2017.
- Pathways to a climate resilient Queensland - Queensland climate adaptation strategy, Dept of Environment and Heritage 2017-2030, Qld Govt, 11 July 2017.
- Qld Renewable Energy Expert Panel (QREEP) Briefing on Draft Report, Oct 2016 & Fact Sheet.
- Qld Renewable Energy Expert Panel (QREEP) Issues Paper, QREEP, May 2016.
- Advancing Climate Action in Queensland - Making the transition to a low carbon future, Dept of Environment and Heritage Protection, Qld Govt, 11 May 2016.